You’re Invited to APIQWTC’s Annual Tahoe Trip
January 13 – 15
Whether you’ve been making the trek for years or have never seen snow before, please join us in South Lake Tahoe for a weekend of winterland fun. Skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, photographing, and “cabineering” (relaxing by the fireplace, cooking, eating, and playing games)… so many possibilities!
MLK Jr. Weekend 2018
Saturday, 1/13/18 to Monday, 1/15/18
Our cabin, Richardson House at historic Camp Richardson, has room for 20 people. The cabin has 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a full kitchen, and wi-fi. Check out the cabin details and amenities here.
$99 total per person for both nights, plus shared food cost. Cost per person is the two-night amount, even if you are only coming for one night. We can only accept registration for those who can pay for both nights.
How to Reserve Your Spot
Reserve your spot by sending in your registration fee and liability waiver by December 17, 2017. They must be received by 12/17/2017 (not postmarked, but received). Should your plans change after you send us your registration fee, a refund will only be possible if a replacement can be found.
We expect the trip to fill quickly. It is first come, first served. Once 20 checks are received, we will announce this on the listserv and return any later-received registration fees to their senders.
1) Where to send the fee:
2) Where to get the waiver:
Download, sign, and send the liability waiver along with your payment. If you are bringing a minor under the age of 18, please complete a separate form for each minor under your care. Please email us if you cannot open it and need it resent to you.
We need one person to volunteer to be lead kitchen manager. The kitchen manager is responsible for planning 4 meals (2 breakfasts and 2 dinners) for 20 people and doing some pre-trip grocery shopping. Everyone in attendance will help with cooking and cleaning by being placed on rotating cooking teams.
The kitchen manager’s trip is paid for by APIQWTC in exchange for volunteering. If you’re interested in learning more about the kitchen managing for this trip, contact . Please indicate in your email your background in preparing meal plans for large groups if you are interested.
- What’s the cancellation policy? If you cancel your spot, we will be unable to refund your registration fee unless we find another person to replace you, which we cannot guarantee. If the trip gets canceled by the event organizer, you will be refunded your registration fee.
- Can I bring my kid(s)? Kids are welcome. Kids pay full cost (the same as adults) as we have a max-occupancy limit which we cannot exceed.
- Can I bring my pet(s)? Pets are not allowed in the cabin.
- I need a ride! If you need a rideshare, let us know. We’ll do our best to help, but cannot guarantee a ride.
- Can I smoke? This is a smoke-free cabin. You are welcome to smoke off the cabin property.
- How accessible is the cabin? The cabin has limited ADA accessibility. If you would like to know more please email for specifics. Please indicate if you need an ADA accessible room, as there is only one.
- What is the sleeping situation? Please expect to room share. We will do our best to accommodate groups of friends into one room, and single folks in single beds.
- What will we be doing? You get to decide how you want to spend your time! We’ll be sure to offer opportunities for all kinds of outings. For those interested, there are ski/board resorts nearby, as well as equipment rental shops. In the past, we’ve enjoyed skiing, snowboarding, snow-cave building, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, cooking/eating with some awesome chefs, laughing, talking story, playing games, watching movies, and having general fun and merriment!
- APIQWTC cannot accept any responsibility for damages to one’s personal property or any for injury sustained during this trip.
We’re very excited that the Tahoe trip is back! If you have any questions, please email . We hope to see you there!
[map option=”roadmap” style=”width:100%; height:500px; margin:20px” address=”1900 Jameson Beach Road, South Lake Tahoe, CA” marker=”yes” z=”13″]