This little jewel tucked away in the hills of Saratoga is a beautiful trek through a variety of terrain…..redwoods, oak, fir and madrone. The first ~2 miles of this ~5 mile hike entails a steady uphill climb (with a couple of steep sections). Elevation gain is ~1300 ft. The remainder of the hike is a gradual downhill. This hike will take about 3 hours, depending on the speed of the hikers.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE:
1) Parking is $6
2) We will wait until 10:15 for those who have RSVP’d. So please change your RSVP by early morning if you decide not to attend. Call me at 408/655-7499 if you are running late or lost.
3) Hiking poles are suggested (but not required) due to a couple of steep sections. Also, shoes with at least a little traction are suggested because the steep sections are somewhat slippery.
4) Bring water/snacks if you wish.
5) We will probably be having lunch afterward in downtown Saratoga.
6) I will be posting this hike on at least 4 other lesbian Meetup groups.