*APIQWTC’s Annual South Lake Tahoe Trip!*
Saturday 1/17/15 – Monday 1/19/15
(two nights over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend)
Camp Richardson, South Lake Tahoe
Love Tahoe long-time? First-timer? Either way, find your magical winterland fun with us — whether it’s skiing, boarding, photo-taking, snowshoeing, snowperson-building, or “cabineering” (cozy-cabin-relaxing, cooking, eating, games-playing) !
Don’t miss out on this special weekend!
There is room for 20 people at our reserved mega-cabin, the marvelous Richardson House at historic Camp Richardson. We expect these spaces to fill quickly. RSVP with deposit must be received by November 10, 2014. Should your plans change after you send us your deposit, the final date for refund of deposit is November 25, 2013.
The cabin has 7 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, with full kitchen, Wi-fi.
See website for cabin details and amenities:
Cost: $99 total per person for both nights, plus shared food cost.
(Cost per person is the two-night amount, even if you are only coming for one night we can only accept folks who can pay for both nights.)
We need one person to volunteer to be lead kitchen manager. The kitchen manager is responsible for planning 4 meals (2 breakfasts and 2 dinners) for 20 people and doing some pre-trip grocery shopping. The kitchen manager’s trip is paid for by APIQWTC. If you’re interested in learning more about the kitchen managing for this trip, contact . Everyone in attendance will help with cooking and cleaning by being placed on rotating cooking teams. The lead kitchen manager will get the trip for free in exchange for volunteering. Please indicate in your email your background in preparing meal plans for large groups if you are interested.
How to reserve your spot(s):
* Email for the deposit mailing address
* Liability Waiver form must be sent in with check. (click on below, PDF or Word) Please email us if you cannot open it and need it resent to you by email. If you are bringing a minor under the age of 18 please sign and print one for each minor under your care. *
**All deposits must be received by 11/10/14 (not postmarked, but received)
Tahoe 2015 Waiver (Word) Tahoe 2015 Waiver (PDF)
** First come, first served — the first 20 checks received are confirmed. Once spaces are filled, we will announce this on the list-serve and return any later-received deposits to the senders.
Cancellation policy for this event: If you cancel your spot after 11/25/2014, we will be unable to refund deposit unless we find another person to replace you, which we cannot guarantee. Email for additional questions.
If the trip gets canceled by the event organizer, you will be refunded your deposit.
We will know by 11/25/2014 whether trip will be cancelled.
– Kids welcome. Kids pay full cost (same as adults) as we have a max-occupancy limit which we cannot exceed.
– If you need a rideshare let us know, we’ll do our best to help (but cannot guarantee a ride).
– This is a drug-free event.
– Pets not allowed in the cabin.
– The cabin has limited ADA accessibility. If you would like to know more please email for specifics. Please indicate if you need an ADA room as there is only one.
– Please expect to room-share. We will do our best to accommodate groups of friends into one room, and single folks in single beds.
– APIQWTC cannot accept any responsibility for damages to one’s personal property or any for injury sustained during this trip. Please sign and send in the liability waiver with your deposit check.
Activities to expect:
Decide how you want to spend your time! We’ll be sure to offer opportunities for all kinds of outings.
There are ski/board resorts nearby, and equipment rental places also.
Skiing, Snowboarding, Lakeside and Waterfall Hikes (easy to moderate), Snow-cave Building, Snowshoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Cooking/Eating with some awesome chefs, Laughing, Talking Story, Games, Movies, General Fun and Merriment!